Perhaps you are as tired as I am of hearing politicians whine about debt, austerity and taxes. Did you know that well over 90% of our currency is created as debt? How does public debt dampen our spirit? Why is our democracy caught in a “web of debt”?
Would you like to have more background on how our financial institutions control our lives? Would you like to be able to question politicians and demand change?
Join Dave Jobson as he shares his journey into the “macroeconomics” of life. Three Monday sessions are planned for January 14, 21 and 28 at 7:00 PM at SSUC.
Session One: Debt is a Model of Money Creation
1) How is money created in Canada.
2) Private market vs Government roles.
3) A macroeconomic model to study the role of debt and policy.
Session Two: Alternative Models of Money Creation
1) Models of money creation and monetary reform.
2) Public Banking
3) Monetary Reform
Session Three: Rescuing our Democracy from Neoliberalism and Handbag Economics
1) Growth of Neoliberalism and Handbag Economics.
2) Debt and the Business Cycle.
3) Back to the Macroeconomic models.
4) Where should we go from here?
View and download the power point slides for the first session here.
View and download the power point slides for the second session here.
View and download the power point slides for the third session here.