Southminster-Steinhauer United Church (SSUC) is a radically inclusive, expansive spiritual community rooted in the Christian tradition and reaching for life-affirming wisdom from many different sources. We welcome all ages, all genders, all gender identities, all cultures, all sexual orientations, people of all religions (or none) to find a safe and hospitable community with SSUC. We have a multi-purpose facility that hosts many community services, groups and programs that are consistent with our values as an inclusive and environmentally conscious spiritual community.
Summary of Position Duties
We are seeking someone who will be responsible for:
- Keeping the church facility and all its contents in good order by maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in the entire building and the surrounding property.
- Setting-up and taking down all rooms, as needed, for functions carried out within the church.
- Monitoring the condition of the building and equipment; making repairs where possible and contracting services for repairs (with prior approval) where necessary.
- Watering the grounds, organizing the cutting and trimming of the grass, maintenance of all shrub and flower beds by volunteers and pruning the trees, as needed.
- Removing snow from the attached sidewalks, the city sidewalks and the parking lot.
Summary of Required Skills and Abilities
We need a self-starter, willing to work part time and with:
- Good English language skills,
- Excellent cleaning knowledge and skills
- Extensive repair knowledge and skills,
- Sound organizational skills,
- Sound computer skills,
- A proven ability to work effectively on a team.
- A contract position
- Salary in the $20.00/hr range
- Approximately 15 hours/week part-time
- Flexible hours
To Apply: Submit an expression of interest and a resume to email@example.com