SSUC, Emberwood and Camp Dragonfly is in search of a contract Media, Communications and Marketing Coordinator to be an integral part of the continued growth of our inclusive and progressive community. As a unique spiritual community in the city of Edmonton, we are committed to strengthening our communication and digital presence, and developing marketing strategies that will communicate our identity, values and opportunities, and drive engagement.
General Position Description
The successful candidate will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of our existing web and social media platforms, using them to build brand and message awareness. Furthermore, they will be responsible for co-developing and implementing a consistent promotion, marketing and advertising strategy for SSUC and associated partners. This hybrid contract will require some key on-site duties, including regular staff/team connections, some attendance at events, and community involvement. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the future of SSUC and partner programs, and its potential to deeply live out its identity. They will be equipped to plan for the future with a proactive approach, and not be afraid to face challenges and tight deadlines. They will be able to demonstrate leadership and initiative related to SSUC and partner program marketing and communication, and in the administration of a publicity expense account. They will also have strong interpersonal skills and a genuine desire to build relationship with colleagues and others within the SSUC community as well as broker partnerships with broader community groups. The coordinator will be part of the SSUC leadership team, accountable to the team and to the Communications Committee.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Familiarity and demonstrated competence creating and maintaining social media presence and websites (current websites are WordPress and Squarespace).
- Direct experience or studies in Marketing, Design, and/or Communications
- Graphic design experience is an asset.
- Understanding of SSUC and associated partner’s values, uniqueness, inclusivity and key messages.
- Connections with diverse communities within Edmonton.
- Ability to work efficiently with little supervision but also take direction when required.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and willingness to learn or grow in areas less familiar.
- Ability to generate and enact ideas, solutions to problems, and creative directions based on feedback and input from others.
SSUC will fill this contract on the basis of merit. We are committed to the principles of equity and diversity and encourage applications from all qualified persons, regardless of gender, gender expression, sexuality, physical ability, tradition or culture.
See the full contract description here.
Apply with an introductory letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 24, 2023. Interviews will be held starting February 26, 2023.