YOUTH PROGRAM LEADER CONTRACT POSITION DESCRIPTION
Nature of the Position
As a youth program leader, you will offer an atmosphere and experience to the youth in the program that will teach, nurture and help them develop as individuals, as lifelong spiritual seekers and as global citizens, and to learn and embrace spiritual values, as expressed by SSUC, that will help them to make a difference in their lives and in the world while connecting meaningfully with one another.
Outline of Responsibilities
- Deliver program to youth ~age 12-16 each Sunday in the program schedule
- Build close and warm relationships with the youth served by SSUC
- Work with the Ministry Team to assist with value-based content and curriculum creation/selection.
- After receiving program materials from the Ministry Team, finalize plans to lead/deliver the program on scheduled Sundays
- Plan and offer approximately one non-Sunday-morning event per month in consultation with the Ministry Team and/or other volunteers. These could be volunteer opportunities, exposure to agencies doing good work, recreational or group building activities, on or off-site.
- Maintain a safe educational environment for youth and leaders
- Interact with parents/grandparents/guardians • attend SSUC staff or volunteer meetings as necessary
Skills & Experience
- Enjoy working with and has ability to engage and communicate with teenagers
- A sense of fun
- A willingness to work in a team environment with other leaders
- Commitment to all youth’s spiritual growth, and ability to see the inherent worth and dignity of every person
- Support and complement the values and identity of SSUC Boundaries & Limitations
- Must have signed and uphold the SSUC Code of Conduct for the Protection of Vulnerable Persons
- Must complete a Police Records Check in accordance with the above policy
- Any activities with vulnerable individuals that are not listed in this description must be approved by a member of the Ministry Team Support, Supervision & Training
- Under the direct supervision of the Ministry Team
- Ongoing support, supervision, mentorship and program material provided Contract Terms • 8 months, October to May; renewable
- Expected time approximately 12 hours/month
- Total Contract $2700, negotiable Applications
Submit resume and cover letter to Christopher New (firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 15, 2021.